Have a Question or Need a Hand ? We have you covered.
Need Help in Netgear WiFi Extender issues? We’re here for you!
Give us a call on our toll-free number 1800-439-4345. Our Expert technicians are available 24×7
Free Problem Diagnostic via Phone
Call 1800-439-4345 to get help on technical issues from the comfort of home.
Free Chat Support
24×7 Chat assistance to help you find the answer fast!
Free Email Support
Email us @fixmywifiextender.net and get instant response to your query.
Do you have an unreliable Wi-Fi coverage
Are you looking to improve your Wi-Fi? A Wi-Fi extender is an effective solution if you’re ready to say goodbye to dappled coverage, plodding download speed, buffering or janky network performance. The gadget can be set up in a snap – just plug it in and voila! Within no time you will experience duck soup streaming of your favourite podcasts. Find Out More……
Broaden the scope and strength of your existing wireless network even at inconvenient or obstructed locations. It comes with portable signal enhancement remedy enabling user to move it effortlessly to different locations.
Wi-Fi range extenders and extensions provide non-disruptive way to expand a wireless signal so it reaches every part from office to poolside or even up to the office crossway over town.
Buying a Wi-Fi is often a matter of necessity rather than intent. For this reason, people want a fairly budget product. Mywifiext.net is one of the best around in its price range and would be a great fit for your needs.
Browse through our scale to awesome products or services that puts you ahead of the pack:
We provide exemplary Netgear Extender Setup assistance for making security better for those who like to live smartly. We help you limit the access of people with highly advanced smart security solutions.
Routers and Switches
Shop and browse through our range of wireless routers and Ethernet switches that gives you sleek Internet connectivity with perfect home or business setup.
Net Gear Genie is one convenient dashboard that lets you remotely monitor, connect & control your home network with ease. Fixmywifiextender give you the most out of your connected home experience.
Storage & Security
We manage your storage & security to help you securely access data at one place, whether you are at home or away. Our product line includes unified NAS/SAN storage that is extremely efficient.
Find a WIFI Booster
Dead zones and terrible Wi-Fi speed is frustrating. Are you plagued by slow connections and limited range? We provide simplest solution towards a better range for gaming and live movie streaming.
If you are having trouble in your Wi-Fi signal, we are here to assist you with detailed explanations, free problem diagnostic support along with simplest troubleshooting tips.
A Standard Guide For Setting Up Extenders
Netgear Wi-Fi range extenders are plug and play network appliances. All you need to do is plug in the extender to the wall and login to fixmywifiextender.net.
To connect the NETGEAR WiFi Extender manually:
- Connect NETGEAR WiFi Extender via Ethernet cable using a computer
- Login NETGEAR WiFi Extender using http://myWiFiext.net.
After that it will prompt you to enter a username and password
Default login credentials:
- Username: admin
- Password: password
Note: Username & password is case sensitive
- After login go to Setup > Wireless Settings
- Check the Password value field under Security Option
If password is not same as Access Point password, change it so that it matches it
- Click Apply
- Reconnect the Wi-Fi devices to NETGEAR Wi-Fi Extender either with WPS button or manual connection.
How to Connect to www.fixmywifiextender.net?
Place the extender close to the main router and you will be automatically taken to the fixmywifiextender.net setup page. Simply follow the easy instructions to make the extender up and running.
Follow the Instructions for good range;
- While picking your extender location keep in mind to avoid objects that would either reflect signal or obstruct it.
- Plug in the Extender
- Open browser and it will take you to fixmywifiextender.net setup page where you will find the set up instructions. If not, then go to address bar in your browser and type fixmywifiextender.net
- Now, it will ask you for a user name and password. If you have not made any changes to the credentials, Use the default one mentioned below:-
- USERNAME: admin
- PASSWORD: password
Get Portable WiFi and Stay Connected
Mobile hotspots deliver seamless connectivity to help you stay productive and
Frequently asked questions? (FAQ)
I have lost my netgear wifi range extender installation CD, How to install it?
You don’t need to have an installation CD. You can do it in two ways:
- You can install extender by just pressing WPS button and you will be prompted to netgear wifi setup wizard.
- You can also install netgear wi-fi range extender with the help of setup page. In case of any problem feel free to contact our technical team on our toll free no. 1800-439-4345.
What is the maximum distance to which I can place my netgear extender from netgear router?
After the installation, next question that comes to our mind is that what distance is to be kept between the netgear wifi extender and the router. It is advised to place the extender halfway between router networks. This will boost your wifi range in the opposite direction. With this you can use netgear wifi extenders in more efficient manner. If you face any sort of problem in this you can always contact our technical team on our toll free no. 1800-439-4345
What is the use of Wi-Fi protected setup?
Wi-Fi protected setup is for network protection. With this you can easily setup Netgear wireless extenders without disk installation. Router and modem should be compatible to it. WPS automatically setup random network name for wireless routers and other electronic devices. In case of a problem feel free to contact our technical team on toll free no. 1800-439-4345
How to install Netgear range extender using manual setup?
Setting up netgear wireless extenders to your modem or router is quite an easy task. You can also take help from our website fixmywifiext.net. If still you are face problem in installing extender, then you can talk to us on 1800-439-4345 as this may be due to some malicious software.
I forgot my wireless router password, how can I recover it?
If you have forgotten your NETGEAR router’s password, please try restoring the NETGEAR router to factory default settings. After that you can reconfigure it and set a new password. In case of any issue Please contact our technical support team at 1800-439-4345.
What is WWW.FIXMYWIFIEXTENDER.NET
WWW.FIXMYWIFIEXTENDER.NET is a local web address that gets you through the initial setup of your Netgear Range Extender. It is not a regular website so at times you might get an error message that says this site can’t be reached and this may vary from browser to browser. The error message will be different for internet explorer as that for chrome and different for safari. It will only show up when your device is either physically connected via Ethernet or connected wirelessly.
- Try different browser.
- Connect the extender via Ethernet cable and open 192.168.1.250 on your browser
- Make sure your Netgear range extender is connected to power
- Outdated Netgear Extender firmware
- Still not able to get on to www.fixmywifiextender.net then you can directly talk to our expert on 1800-439-4345
Can’t access www.fixmywifiextender.net
If you are unable to get on www.fixmywifiextender.net it may be due to the following:
- You are not connected to your Netgear extender.
- Your Netgear extender is not in the same room as your router.
- Your Netgear extender is not in default mode.
- Netgear Extender has the wps button but router don’t have wps button.
- Netgear Extender wireless settings don’t match the router wireless settings.
- Outdated firmware on your Netgear Extender.
- If you couldn’t get on fixmywifiextender.net you can try 192.168.1.250 on your browser
- Still couldn’t get on fixmywifiextender.net then you can speak to us on 1800-439-4345.
Symptoms of wireless interference
Your wireless network might probably be affected by wireless interference if the following symptoms occur: a spotty connectivity or unexpected network termination, slow network speeds and weak signal. The reasons may vary:
- Wireless router position
- Physical obstacles, like floors and walls
- Due to other wireless appliances